You are here
Home > RAW > Goldberg is comeback, Seth Rollins beaten by a Brock Lesnar again best moments 2019

Goldberg returns to Raw, signs up for a match at SummerSlam

Dolph Ziggler is going to sell Goldberg’s spear like a madman on Sunday night.

With rumors and reports of Goldberg returning to WWE for another match, the main event of this week’s Raw featured a contract signing between Ziggler and Miz. Shawn Michaels was also there and would play a pivotal role in the end of the episode.

After Ziggler signed on the dotted line, an overjoyed Miz couldn’t wait to swerve his rival. Ziggler didn’t sign his name to face Miz on Sunday, he just agreed to a match with Goldberg.

Then HBK blindsided The Showoff with the sweetest of chin music.

Awesome.

The SummerSlam pay-per-view (PPV) takes place on Sun., Aug. 11, 2019 at the Scotiabank Arena in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Can Dolph Ziggler carry Goldberg to a great pro wrestling match in 2019? Or will Sunday be a classic squash match for the former WCW legend?

He’s not wrong

Posted  by Jnewt26  on Aug 5, 2019 | 11:51 PM

Uh oh nobody tell Matt Riddle.

Posted  by I AM THE WITCHFINDER  on Aug 5, 2019 | 11:21 PM

unless this is how they call him up

He beats down Goldberg and I guess the remains of Ziggler – just keep Riddle away from Ziggler’s nothingness or else he’ll be Drew 2.0. Do a Goldberg match where Riddle goes over strong and dominant, boom you’ve gotta star.

But this is WWE they think beating people is how you get them over because fan rebellions.

Posted  by MaZZacare  on Aug 6, 2019 | 12:00 AM

This is what I want to happen. But sadly, I doubt it will. Riddle beating Goldberg would be a huge statement, without doubt.

Posted  by LARISANO  on Aug 6, 2019 | 12:18 AM

It’s going to be a squash

Anything else is pointless. Goldberg squashed Lesnar, yeah, there is no other outcome that makes any sense.

Posted  by Burnt Bacon  on Aug 5, 2019 | 11:22 PM

This could be a trainwreck.. Most likely a squash,

But I wont lie, this has brought some much needed excitement to Summerslam.

Posted  by DoorsHateJasonAlbert  on Aug 5, 2019 | 11:24 PM

After Dolph won MITB and Cashed In, I never thought he would be in a position like this again.

He was also awesome during the feud with The Authority, his programs with Ambrose & Miz after the Brand Split were not bad either. I just don’t know where this guy went wrong.

Posted  by KozyWorld973  on Aug 5, 2019 | 11:25 PM

Dog Ziggler

Posted  by phatkroger10  on Aug 5, 2019 | 11:57 PM

The fact that he came back straight into the wwe championship picture, then got beaten by kevin owens in 17 seconds and is now in a marquee match at summerslam where he will once again be squashed but will still be a prominent player speaks volumes about his versatility.

Posted  by The Wrestlin’ Guy  on Aug 6, 2019 | 1:13 AM

Touche but was he ever a real threat to win in those matches?

No one thought he would beat Kofi. They have history but they really should have had a better build to that story.

Posted  by KozyWorld973  on Aug 6, 2019 | 3:28 PM

No kidding.

His music alone abruptly stopped a pissed off crowd chanting “bullshit”.

Posted  by PkmnMstr10  on Aug 5, 2019 | 11:49 PM

Man for just a hot second I thought they swerved us and we were getting HBK…..

Posted  by mmunson19  on Aug 5, 2019 | 11:39 PM

You could have prime Goldberg and Ziggler back when he was entertaining

and I would still be super hard pressed to care even slightly about a match between them. Mostly since Goldberg’s really never done it for me.

But I guess every old guy who has a terrible match has to get a do-over.

Posted  by Lizuka  on Aug 5, 2019 | 11:42 PM

Once Dolph started randomly mentioning Goldberg

It was bound to happen. I just wanna see Dolph be murdered

Posted  by zebrainatux  on Aug 5, 2019 | 11:46 PM

There’s no way anything else happens.

This much lasts 2 minutes tops. And that’s being extremely generous to Ziggler. Probably more like 10 seconds. At least this time it’s just a perennial loser like Ziggler getting embarrassed rather than an actual star like Owens.

Posted  by akenson  on Aug 5, 2019 | 11:50 PM

Gotta give credit where credit is due

Uncle Meltz called this one bang-on. Even though that spoiled the return and made the segment on raw very super predictable.

Posted  by The Wrestlin’ Guy  on Aug 6, 2019 | 1:15 AM

Not sure why he feels the need to ruin surprises like this.

I get that he’s AEW’s head cheerleader, and because of that, no doubt enjoys spoiling things for WWE, but it’s the fans that are getting a raw deal (no pun intended.) Just let people enjoy stuff in the moment, while it’s happening.

Posted  by Wrestling Mark 3000  on Aug 6, 2019 | 2:10 AM

Because it’s his job

If you want to avoid spoilers, don’t go on websites that aggregate news and spoilers.

Posted  by travisfs120  on Aug 6, 2019 | 6:23 AM

Does he do this to AEW?

Did he spoil Mox at DON? Or Bret Hart revealing the title belt?
Will he tell us Jericho’s mystery tag partners will be?
When Pax pulled out of his match with Page, Meltzer said AEW had something better planned – did he say what? No.

If it’s his job to publish spoilers, at least do it equally across ALL promotions.

Posted  by Wrestling Mark 3000  on Aug 6, 2019 | 6:47 AM

It doesn’t sound like you’d be happier if he spoiled more for AEW because you sound pissed at spoilers in general

If you get spoiled about upcoming matches or reveals in wrestling, you only have yourself to blame.

Most fans were surprised by Goldberg’s appearance last night. The ones that weren’t made the decision to seek out information and spoilers.

Posted  by travisfs120  on Aug 6, 2019 | 7:55 AM

They were chanting Goldberg before his music hit

Posted  by phlash74  on Aug 6, 2019 | 11:38 AM

Fans in the arena are generally much smarter about things than your average fan watching at home

The large majority of WWE viewers aren’t online looking up rumors, and if you ARE online on wrestling sites, don’t complain about being spoiled

Posted  by travisfs120  on Aug 6, 2019 | 11:41 AM

I heard “bullshit”.

Posted  by PkmnMstr10  on Aug 6, 2019 | 11:59 PM

It’s his job to report stuff he can confirm, if people in AEW are mum on things what’s he going to do?

Posted  by MaZZacare  on Aug 6, 2019 | 9:50 AM

He’s explained that, too

But maybe people don’t understand how it works. He was upfront with the Pac story that they told him off the record what the plan is. At that point, reporters have to find another source to talk about it because when you’re off the record, you don’t burn that person by reporting what they told you. AEW is still a very small company. If he gets told off the record and no one else is willing to talk about it, he can’t report. As AEWgrows, this will be less of an issue.

WWE is a very large company, so it’s a lot easier for him to get spoilers and news.

Posted  by travisfs120  on Aug 6, 2019 | 11:44 AM

Yeah even his “your next” to dolph was exhilarating

Posted  by Knightmar3  on Aug 6, 2019 | 12:00 AM

He will if he is backed up like WCW backed Goldberg.

Posted  by The Wrestlin’ Guy  on Aug 6, 2019 | 1:16 AM

Nobody will ever get the chance to be as big as Goldberg

At least not anymore.

Posted  by Shawny122  on Aug 6, 2019 | 1:25 AM

Not at the E, anyway.

Unless Triple H takes over, as he did build Asuka similarly, she just didn’t have the exposure being on the developmental brand.

Perhaps AEW will be able to, if they decide to go that way. Wins and losses are supposed to mean more there, afterall.

Posted  by Free2shred00  on Aug 6, 2019 | 9:32 AM

So I typically root for Ziggler no matter how unlikely it seems (very often too)

But I’m not sure if he even has a chance this weekend. Hopefully somehow Ziggler pulls through this. He could use the win much more here.

Posted  by Knightmar3  on Aug 6, 2019 | 12:01 AM

I feel no excitement for this.

I have no reason to believe that Ziggler will be anything than an offering to Goldberg and nostalgia when frankly the past gen should be putting over current wrestlers. Maybe not everytime they get in the ring, but more often than not at this point.

Posted  by Vedmid  on Aug 6, 2019 | 12:07 AM

Bro! Bro! Bro!

Don’t shoot me. I’m just trying to will a Riddle vs Goldberg feud into existence with the Bro going over and getting a huge push towards Bro vs Beast.

Posted  by LARISANO  on Aug 6, 2019 | 12:20 AM

This match better not go more than 60 seconds. I’m just saying…

Goldberg seemed winded just getting down to the ring. It even looked like he was checking his own blood pressure (look at his hands when he goes to say “you’re next”).

Posted  by 5thHorseman  on Aug 6, 2019 | 12:36 AM

No one wants to see this

Goldberg sucks

Posted  by A Horse Called Golgotha  on Aug 6, 2019 | 12:39 AM

I’d rather see HBK ZIggler but if we get Goldberg destroying Ziggler, I’m ok with it.

Posted  by Burnt Bacon  on Aug 6, 2019 | 1:01 AM

Speak for yourself… I want to see it. I think quite a lot of Goldberg/old-school fans want to see it too, actually

Posted  by SteveHulk  on Aug 6, 2019 | 2:06 AM

Consider yourself wrong on at least one count

I want to see this, because I think most people know Goldberg’s match against Taker wasn’t the way any legend should go out. I want to see him annihilate Dolph, a few spears, a jackhammer, and call it a night.

Posted  by Bill Blazina  on Aug 6, 2019 | 4:25 AM

It sounds like you’re in the minority. I think a lot of people, myself for sure, want to see this. Goldberg is great at 2 minute squash matches and, honestly, I’d love to see him go out on a much higher note that the debacle with The Undertaker.

Posted  by zebrastripes99  on Aug 6, 2019 | 9:24 AM

Don’t put words in my mouth.

I already reactivated my network subscription just for this match.

Posted  by JR1016  on Aug 6, 2019 | 6:37 PM

Goldberg fan and looking forward to the match

Posted  by walterfan34  on Aug 6, 2019 | 12:44 AM

Somehow, this is gonna lead to Michaels wrestling again

Posted  by BiffMcgriff  on Aug 6, 2019 | 12:56 AM

I don’t know. The story was ready made for it. They didn’t go that way.

Posted  by Burnt Bacon  on Aug 6, 2019 | 1:00 AM

I honestly don’t mind Goldberg

The guy has tons of charisma and connect with audience, even though he sucks at both wrestling and mic. But that is something natural which can’t be taught. That’s why wrestling is more than just wrestling or promo work.

Posted  by Rickybling  on Aug 6, 2019 | 1:00 AM

Most of the top dogs and by that I mean the biggest draws were not technical masters.

Look at Hogan, Warrior, ect. In Goldberg’s case he was booked perfectly. One of the few things WCW got right until they ultimately fucked it up.

Posted  by Burnt Bacon  on Aug 6, 2019 | 1:09 AM

Imagine if Roman got pushed as a huge presence like Goldberg was from the time he became a singles guy instead of attempting to make him Cena 2.0.

Missed opportunity, lMO.

Posted  by LARISANO  on Aug 6, 2019 | 1:19 AM

Why, though?

Posted  by Jack Kasket  on Aug 6, 2019 | 4:42 AM

Why not?

Posted  by Mella Is Money  on Aug 6, 2019 | 5:54 AM

you mean, OBGY-Not

Posted  by MDotNelson  on Aug 6, 2019 | 9:11 AM

Goldberg probably wants to redeem himself after the awful match with Undertaker

Posted  by zebrainatux  on Aug 6, 2019 | 6:37 AM

Gotta have some actual draws on the card…

… and neither Shane nor Trish are over 50. /s

Posted  by Layla Shade  on Aug 6, 2019 | 12:00 PM

Basically Miz is going to wrestle a corpse come Monday.

Should be a lot of fun to watch Ziggler get speared out of the arena.

Posted  by JR1016  on Aug 6, 2019 | 10:19 AM

Ziggler

I wonder if they are gonna set him up to be the Heel VS Face “Legends”. Goldberg now possibly Shawn Michaels at another PPV I am already picturing Crown Jewel 2 would probably be the likely place for Ziggler VS HBK.

Posted  by jdown1978  on Aug 6, 2019 | 10:22 AM

Never thought I’d be pulling for Ziggler in 2019, but here we are.

Posted  by wallsofjerich0  on Aug 6, 2019 | 10:33 AM

Cole: “The INDOMITABLE Goldberg”

…who has lost his last two matches.